Dates: Friday 6th – Sunday 8th January 2023.
Venue: Cooks Gardens, Whanganui.
Entries: Entries have now closed.
Conditions of Entry: Click here.
Meeting Rules: Click here.
Live Results: Click here. | Day 1, 2 & 3 Results: Click here.
Thursday 5 January
- 2pm-6.00pm: Track open for athletes to use, Cooks Gardens
- 2pm-6.00pm: Team pack pick-up, Cooks Gardens (Cooks room in the main grandstand)
- 7.00pm: Officials meeting, Cooks Gardens (Function centre in the main grandstand)
Friday 6 January
- 7.45am: Team Manager meeting, Cooks Gardens (Function centre in the main grandstand)
- 8.15am: Athletes assemble
- 8.30am: Team march past
- 8.50am: Official opening
- 9.20am-6.10pm: Competition
Saturday 7 January
- 10.00am-7.50pm: Competition
Sunday 8 January
- 9.00am-5.00pm: Competition
*Subject to change
Event schedule: The schedule of events can be found here. Please note they are not listed in any order but are an indication of which session each event will be held in. Of particular note is the change to the 800m and 1500m sessions. Full details including lane draws and times can be found in the programme available at the Games.
Spectators: Tickets are available to purchase at the gate.
- Adult (15+ years) one day pass – $8
- Adults (15+ years) 3 day pass – $20
- Children under the age of 15 are free
Athlete packs: Team packs will be available for Team Managers to collect between 2.00pm-6.00pm on Thursday 5 January. They will include relay team confirmation sheets, competitor numbers, Team Manager name tags and ribbons, and safety pins for name tags, competitor numbers and ribbons. Pre-ordered programmes and spectator passes, discount vouchers and any products provided by sponsors will also be in the team packs.
Event Programme: Pre-ordered event programmes will be included in the team packs and distributed by the Team Manager. A limited number of programmes will also be available to purchase at the merchandise tent for $15. There won’t be an online version this year.
Event t-shirts: An extra stock of t-shirts of all sizes will also be available to buy onsite, but stocks are limited. In case any size is sold out, it will still be possible for kids to try one of our sample t-shirts for size and order to get it delivered to your home address. Note that there will be an extra cost of $5 to cover the delivery expanses.
Parking around Cooks Gardens: The warm up area is located at Whanganui City College. This is a 650m walk from Cooks Gardens along the road and will be signposted. An adult must accompany any athlete walking to the warm up area. There will be designated areas to warm up for throwing and running.
Athlete Warm up area: The warm up area is located at Whanganui City College. This is a 650m walk from Cooks Gardens along the road and will be signposted. An adult must accompany any athlete walking to the warm up area. There will be designated areas to warm up for throwing and running.
Health & Safety
- The event will have health & safety provisions in place
- No glass bottles will be allowed onsite
- The Colgate Games is an alcohol free event
Merchandise: A range of Colgate Games Merchandise will be available to purchase at the venue. Check out the full range here.
Water Station and Vendors: water bottle filling stands will be located at the end of the smaller grandstand, next to the call tents. Gourmet caterers will provide a range of food truck options including ice cream, donuts, coffee, and hot food.
COVID-19 Guidelines: Covid-19 is expected to still be here in large numbers throughout the summer break. It’s important you have a plan in case you or one of your athletes become unwell while at Colgate Games. Before heading away make sure you pack some covid test kits, hand sanitiser, face masks and any of your usual medications. You should consider wearing a face mask at the Games if you are in crowded spaces such as the call room or the Grandstand.
If anyone in your group becomes unwell:
- Do not come to the Games venue
- Test immediately if you develop any Covid-19 symptoms
- Stay outdoors as much as possible
- Wash or sanitise your hands when you arrive and leave the Games venue
Facebook Event Page: check here.